Revellers and shoppers take note: The Reading Retail Awards have returned!
Shop, enjoy, then nominate Berkshire’s best dining and shopping. Find out how here. Apparently you can even win 500 quid, according to various posters dotted about town.
Will we find Reading Borough’s best shopping at Reading Gate Retail Park? Fireplaces in Reading? The Oracle or Broad Street Mall?
Hard to tell. Personally, I’m nerdy for Strange Sweets, the global sweets shop in Reading. And the trendy hair stylists at Electric Salon, on King’s Road, certainly have the F factor (funky, friendly and fab, that is).
The closing date to enter The Reading Retail Awards is 1 July 2011.
Last year’s winners included:
- Retailer of the Year: Marks & Spencer
- Manager of the Year: Penny Antolini, L’Occittane, The Oracle, Reading
- Shooting Star: Shelley Viveash from the John Lewis Partnership
- Store Design and Environment of the year: Clas Ohlsen
- The Shop I can’t Live Without (independent): Altimus
- Independent Store of the Year: Picnic
- Service With a smile: Claire Varley (Blue Duck Gallery)
- My Favourite Coffee Shop: Delicious
- Promotional Initiative: Modelzone
- Multiple Retailer of the Year: John Lewis Partnership
- The shop I Can’t Live Without (Mulitple): John Lewis Partnership
- The Lovely Lunch: LSQ2 on the Riverside, at the Oracle