Did you see the fireworks in Prospect Park tonight?
Carters Steam Fair has officially turned on the switch for crazy swings and a wall of (motorcycle) death. The fireworks were spectacular and my “hot and fresh” donut was indeed all that… plus powdered in sugar.
In a word, the fair was SWELL! And it’s in town until Monday.
Plus, if you visit the Carters fair website, you can download a £5 off voucher for the family fun fair in Reading!
Oh Revellers, life just doesn’t get any better than that, now does it?
When I first wrote about Carters Fair coming to Reading, I didn’t quite know what to expect. What would this wall of death thing be? Would there be funnel cakes? How about fortune tellers?
In chronological order:
- Wall of death: A great wooden thing in which a motorcycle is ridden round and round, presumably along the walls. I don’t know — to be honest I didn’t buy a ticket to see for myself. I did however buy a donut. Which leads us to…
- Funnel cakes: No, I didn’t find any funnel cakes. But the donuts tasted quite similar. Presumably they’ve been fried at some point. They are indeed powdered by sugar. The bits in the middle are warm, doughy and delightful.
- Fortune tellers: You don’t need to ask a fortune teller (and you’d be hard pressed to do so, as they don’t appear to be at the Steam Fair) but take my word for it. You’ll have a blast at Carters Steam Fair. Whether you are 5 or 50 or one of those 500-year-old trees* stuck in the middle of the fairground madness, chances are you’ll have a good time.
*Tree age subject to interpretation.
Carters Steam Fair days and times for Reading
- Saturday 23 – Monday 25 April 2011
- Open 12-10.30pm on Saturday and 12-9pm on Sunday and Monday
- Prospect Park, Liebenrood Road, Reading
Carters family fun fair travels across the UK. For more locations and dates please visit the Carters website here.